We wanted to know:
- How many webinar invitations do people ignore before finally signing up?
- How many webinar invitations will people tolerate receiving before unsubscribing?
- How long or how soon before the webinar do invitation(s) work best in generating registration signups?
- 2 weeks out = 21 submissions – Subject Line: Register Today
- 1 week out = 55 submissions - Subject Line: There’s Still Time to Register
- 3 days out = 34 submissions-- Subject Line: Last Chance to Register
- 1 day out = 37 submissions -- Subject Line: You Have 24 Hours Left to Register
- Day of Webinar = 46 submissions -- Subject Line: You Have 30 Minutes Left to Register
- 19% of registrants waited until the day before the webinar to register
- 24% of registrants waited until the day of the webinar to register
- 43% in total waited to within 24 hours of the webinar to register
- Adding urgency to the Subject Line increases conversion
- There was no spike in unsubscribes whatsoever throughout the entire invitation process. In fact the unsubscribe rate remained below industry averages.
NOTE: We were unable to test invitations sent further than 2 weeks out as the webinar content didn't get finalized until then.
Visit my brand new website and learn more about content marketing.
-Demand Generation/Marketing Automation Consultant, Astadia
-Eloqua Certified Marketing Best Practices Consultant
Please share this: