Thursday, May 21, 2009

The End of an Era



According to Sirius Decisions, B2B adoption of marketing automation systems will expand dramatically over the next five years, from less than 10% in 2005 to more than 50% by 2015.

While that’s great news for my career, does this mean that 50% of marketers will still not have evolved beyond Batch & Blast in 2015? God, I hope not.

The fact that you are reading this post means you have already evolved. Congratulations!

However, for those who fully intend on staying at the ‘homo erectus’ stage of their marketing evolution, allow me to offer my entries for the renaming of 'Batch and Blast' to something more relevant:

  • Send and Mend
  • Spray and Pray
  • Gun and Done
  • Spam and Ran
  • Launch and Lunch
  • Deliver and Quiver
If you have any others to add to this list, by all means, please comment. I'd love to add them.
P.S. I’m hoping this will speed up the inevitable extinction of an era.

 
Updated 5-8-12
Visit my brand new website and learn more about the new B2B Marketing Ecosystem

Steve Kellogg
-Demand Generation/Marketing Automation Consultant, Astadia
-Eloqua Certified Marketing Best Practices Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment